Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a little yellow slip of paper.

Hey kittens,
this is probably one of the few chances I will get to write without Mallory knowing whats going on. So I need to take full advantage. She is busy babysitting her adorable nephew Dax and not paying attention to me ha. SO...
I thought I would take this chance to tell you the story of how we met through MY eyes. 

Once upon a time,
Our dishwasher died. Great start huh? Don't worry, it gets better. I was currently living the dream at the Art City Trolley Restaurant as a manager, and Manuel, a LEGEND at the Trolley, and our favorite dishwasher and salsa maker, passed away of pneumonia. He was there that morning, and died later that afternoon. Crazy how fast life can change. Speaking of how fast things can change, back to the story. I was wrapping up my shift, eager to get home and shower the daily grim off of me, while trying not to linger on the loss of my dear old friend, who taught me Spanish and made me laugh everyday.

Then I saw her.
At table one.
With her wonderful mother Marie, and my good friend Cary.
Eating a Wade's Wonder Burger.
With mild sauce and french fries.

Sadly the first thing I thought was "Wow, she is gorgeous. WAY too gorgeous for me. I have no chance of scoring a babe like that. Why? Why Lord must you tease me so?" Consigned to my fate, and feeling even worse, I resumed with my duties. It was then that her Mom called me over. It is important to note, that I knew her mother, she was one of my favorite people to serve and always had some pretty intensely awesome stories, and always made me laugh.

I remember her asking me "Do you date young girls?"
My mind instantly began to race.
Is she talking about her daughter?
What should I say?
Should I be funny?
I'm gonna throw up.

I don't exactly remember my response. I do remember wandering over to the table and making small talk and probably blushing and acting like an idiot all the while. I told them about Manuel and his passing, and how hard of a day it had been. Buuttt....none of that really mattered.

My mind was fixated on the beautiful girl at table one. Reluctant to pull myself away, I left with a goodbye and got back to my work. I'd be lying if I said my mind wasn't swimming with possibilities and what ifs.

I secretly snuck glances at the table, somewhat hoping she would already be looking my way. Holding up a banner or sign that read "DATE ME CHRIS!" That would have made things a whole lot easier.

After they had finished, they left with a simple goodbye and we all went our separate ways. I sat out of sight, and watched that beautiful girl walk out of my restaurant, thinking I would never see her again.

I strolled over to the table to talk to my good friend Cary, looked down at the table and saw a little yellow slip of paper addressed to someone named Chris.

"Awh man, Chris is one lucky gu..."
It was then that it all hit me.

I'M CHRIS!

Scribbled on that little piece of paper was a name, a number, and an invitation.

Let's hang out baby, or babe...neither of us are quite sure.
Unbeknown to me, Cary had talked me up to this girl. How he got her to leave me a number, I'll never know, but I do know that I am forever in his and Marie's debt.

My life has never been the same. Who would have thought, that she was the girl that would break all my rules, and teach me some of the most powerful lessons of life thus far. She is funny, adorable, and full of beautiful life. I am one lucky boy to be the one sharing this life with her. She is on my mind day and night and I always thank the good lord above  for sending her to me in my prayers. I love her fully, truly, and unconditionally.

Well...there it is guys. The story of how we started.
I hope none of you vomited or passed out at how cheesy this may have been, I'm just a sensitive guy okay?
I wish so badly I could do justice to the wonderful story on the pages of life we've shared.
I found the perfect girl, right when I stopped looking.
I hope I have what it takes to keep her around for awhile!

Thank you Mallory James, the girl who changed everything!
I love you so much it's gross.

Forever yours,

Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment